Trading During the Covid-19 Pandemic
Unfortunately, like most business we have felt the strains brought on by the Covid-19 Pandemic and the subsequent Lock Down. Unlike a lot of businesses though, our industry means we simply cannot work from home. Like most, when the Lock Down was announced we initially shut our doors, the safety of our staff, clients and public being our top priority. However, our clients can’t work from home either and require our scaffolding so they can carry out their work safely.
We therefore spent the first couple of weeks putting together a plan of how we could responsibly and safely return to work and carry on trading whilst also abiding by social distancing measures. The construction industry was never instructed to stop, but there are plenty of helpful guidelines issued.
We have adapted and added to these, so please see below the measures we are taking so you can be confident that if you see us out working you know we are doing this in a safe manner.
- If you are unwell or show any symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath) you must not come in to work and self-isolate for 14 days.
- If anyone in your household has any of the above symptoms you must make us aware and not come in to work and follow the self-isolation rules.
- Where possible maintain 2 metres social distancing. In situations where this is not possible ensure time spent within 2 metres of each other is kept to a minimum and minimise face to face contact.
- Travel alone to site, no more than 1 person to a vehicle.
- On arriving at your destination, please wipe down surfaces (steering wheel etc.) with antibacterial wipes provided.
- Ensure you wash your hands as soon after completing a job as possible.
- Use hand sanitiser provided frequently.
- Use latex gloves provided and dispose of these at the end of each day.
- Avoid contact with general public as much as possible. This includes zero tolerance on acceptance of drinks.
- Bring food with you so you do not need to go into a shop during the day unless unavoidable, ie. Getting fuel from a petrol station.
- Before and after work, you must isolate at home, no socialising or mixing with other people. – If you have, please do not come into work.